cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating New Contract

FortyTwo
Tuning in

The contract is coming to an end and the price is going up from £90 to £139 (a massive 55%).

My son (who lives 200 miles south of me (does that matter)) whose package bundle was bigger and faster than mine was also paying £139.  He called to negotiate and after a very short call was offered and accepted £80 for the same bundle.

I called (same day) and was offered a new contract price of £85 - I accepted.  I got the email confirmation and they had taken off Sky Sports.  I called back  . . .  what is going on???  I was told I they would include the sport for a total of £95.   I complained.  "We will listen to the tape of your conversation and get back to you in 4 days."   

Does it simply come down to which agent answers the phone and what side of the bed they got out of on that day?

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for the reply . . . No Sky Sports is still off.  I spent 4 hours on the phone this morning listening to music and 10 minutes to be told I had to call back later.

I have located CISAS and filling in the form whilst listening the Customer Service music

The .lesson I have learned from this is that it may be a hassle switching the Virgin to Sky and back again but it's a lot less hassle that going through weeks of listening to music and being given the 'run around'

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FortyTwo

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the inconvenience.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more details so we can look at getting this resolved, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself and we can get the ball rolling 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Here's where I am up to (after more than 6 hours on the telephone mostly listening to music).

At 2pm I was talking a male VM agent who listened sympathetically, said he would speak to his manager and whilst I was waiting the phone went dead!

At 3pm I spoke to a female VM agent (the most unhelpful to date) who was like a needle in a record "tell me what you want and I'll tell you the best deal I can give you"  . . . "I want what I had and I want if for the agreed price of £85"  . .  reply "the best I an do that for is £113"   !!!

I was told on day 2 that they would listen to the recording of the contract deal I agreed on day 1.  I keep asking them to listen to that recoding and they will not do that.

How do I get to speak to someone in authority?  

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FortyTwo

Thanks for confirming details via our private message, great to hear you're all sorted now. 

I hope you have a great weekend! 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs