cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to address not serviced

Elliotdevans
Just joined

I have recently moved address to a property not serviced by Virgin Media. I have spoken to the moving team on three occasions and each time they have said I need to provide proof of my new address then I won't be charged an early disconnection fee.

Every time they say they will send an email with the information I need within an hour. This email never arrives. I have now been charged the early disconnection fee even though they assured me this would not happen. 

Please can somebody help me by telling me how and where to send the information to VM in order to get this disconnection fee cancelled.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Elliotdevans 

VM are supposed to take any outstanding payment when  the final bill is produced and then refund the monies providing you send the accepted documents showing your new address  (bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill) within 30 days of the account closing either by email to 

HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk

or  by post with paper copies to Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Elliotdevans, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the disconnection fee and the issue of the non services address.
I do apologise to hear that you've been charged.
I will look in to this for you and assist.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs