cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and keeping my package, but issued a new 18 month contract in error

studiosamurai
On our wavelength

Hi there!

I was notified that it's now possible to bring VM with me to my new address (woo!)

I spoke to an Agent called Louie on June 23rd using the 'Let's Chat' box on the 'Moving Home' part of the VM website, who helped arrange moving my existing package to my new address and gave me an install date (July 19th 2022).

He offered TV and I said I want to keep my existing contract, which is an 18 month contract starting on 30th Nov 2021 and that I don't want to make any changes whatsoever to my package or account, just to run out the remainder of my existing contract at my new address and Louie confirmed with me that this would be absolutely fine.

He said I'd get an email with the pre-contract documentation and need to respond to it within 9 days or the move would be cancelled. 

The email came the next day, but it seems despite confirming I'm keeping my existing package / contract I've been sent a new 18 month contract in error starting on my move date (July 19th 2022) along with a new Customer account number, rather than keeping my existing contract & account and just moving address as we had discussed.

I don't want to start a new contract, I'm simply moving my existing services to my new address. Can you please help me get this resolved? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @studiosamurai 

Best of luck with your home move and I hope you settle in quickly.

VMMO2 contracts are set up on a property basis, so if you move home then you are given a new account number. 

Providing you've made no equipment or package changes as part of the home move then your current contract pricing and end date will be carried over to the new property.

This is usually manually updated by the home move team, although a member for the forum team should pick this up for you in a day or two and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for explaining and setting my mind at ease Dave!

I'll look forward to hearing back from the forum team. 

I really appreciate it 🙂

Cheers, 

S

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey studiosamurai, thank you for reaching out, I do hope the house move went well?

I can confirm what @newapollo has mentioned is true you have nothing to worry about.

Unless any changes wore made you are completely fine it will just carry on with however long you have left.

I hope this helps. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?