cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved abroad and they sent the refund cheque to my old address

Rik22
Joining in

Hi

First of all this is 2022, so why is anyone using Cheques, just refund money to my bank account.

Anyway, I notified Virgin Media that I was moving home, I informed them of all my details, both old and new addresses with contact details.

I return all the equipment and I noticed I was entitled to a refund of money, but of course they send a physical cheque to my old address, where I have no access to the post.

As I am abroad could you please make the refund electronically to my bank, CC or PayPal?

Would that be possible?

Richard

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rik22,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Sadly we're unable to refund through the methods you have requested. 

This can only be done via Cheque refund. 

^Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply.

Its interesting that Virgin is happy to accept DD and bank transfers for payments to them, but not the other way round.  Do you accept cheques as a form of payment, I doubt it.

Anyway, as I have moved house and informed Virgin, why did they send the cheque to the old address, where I have no access to the post.  Would it be possible to send it to my new address please.

Regards

Richard

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rik22, thanks for your posts and replies. 
We're sorry to hear you haven;t got your refund check as it was sent out to your old address, we can help out with this so you get back the money we owe you.

For this I will need to perform a few checks first, I will therefore send you a PM here shortly to do this together.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs