cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cancel my Virgin Media contract before it starts without being charged?

Yuioi
Tuning in

Hi, long story short…

My parents wanted me to sort out a new deal with Virgin as their current contract is ending next month, I contacted Virgin two days ago and sorted out a new 18 month contract that will begin next month…

They’ve now changed their minds and want to move to BT as it’s cheaper, is it possible for me to cancel their Virgin Media contract without being charged? I assume there’s a cooling off period?

2 REPLIES 2

unisoft
Well-informed

@Yuioi wrote:

Hi, long story short…

My parents wanted me to sort out a new deal with Virgin as their current contract is ending next month, I contacted Virgin two days ago and sorted out a new 18 month contract that will begin next month…

They’ve now changed their minds and want to move to BT as it’s cheaper, is it possible for me to cancel their Virgin Media contract without being charged? I assume there’s a cooling off period?

14 days from the change.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Yuioi 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have experienced this issue with your parents account. We do not handle cancellation via the forums but if you give the team a call back on 0345 454 1111 they will be able to advise whether they can cancel without early termination fees. 

In order to process a cancellation though the team would need to speak to the account holder.