cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want an upgrade, why is it so hard?

mgilani
Tuning in

I am trying to upgrade my broadband. I go online and after login it says to chat to someone. I click on chat and it doesn't work. 

So I called, after waiting someone answered They told me to hold on and the hung up. 

I want the Giga broadband and don't need phone or any major TV. I already have the unlimited O2 deal. 

How can I contact someone in Virtgin media to help? As all contact avenues don't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have ran out of hub4s, they won't be interested in you upgrading at this time

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have ran out of hub4s, they won't be interested in you upgrading at this time

That makes sense now. I might wait till my contract is due for renewal, I might have a better chance of someone actually helping. 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes your cheaper getting an o2 sim and getting a volt boost than paying for 1gig

Think you'll have a better chance of someone helping just because you're due for renewal? I've just renewed my contract, to be told I can't have Gig as they don't have routers, yet their website is plastered with adverts for the gig broadband they can't deliver. Trading standards are going to have a ball with these jokers...

JD

Hi @mgilani,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that the line disconnected when you called to speak with the team, but I assure you that we wouldn't have terminated the call intentionally. We're unable to do package changes from here (including upgrades and cancellations), but if you reach back out to our retentions department 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) they'll be happy to discuss offers and options with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I called again. After speaking to two different agents, one tried his best to help.

The system won't let him order a Hub 4. So I can't get my upgrade.

Welcome to the world of paying for a service you can't get...

JD 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mgilani,

Thank you for coming back to us and keeping us updated on your package change. 

We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our team and that you were unable to upgrade to the package you wanted at this time. You can also text us on 07533051809 to discuss your package change with our team. Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So I used the Whats app channel and it looks like I am getting the Hub 4 after all. The package is much better than anything was promised to me on the phone also.

I will confirm once I actually get the package. 🙂