Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 21 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: TRe: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

That model would lead to higher prices for new customers and those who do negotiate regularly (that's you) and lower prices for the lethargic many. Perhaps that is the right model.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Superstar
Message 22 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

That model would lead to higher prices for new customers and those who do negotiate regularly (that's you) and lower prices for the lethargic many. Perhaps that is the right model.

It always seems to be those who have already had the benefit of a reduced price due to the current model who, belatedly, want VM to change their model.

Funny that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
vmrobdogs
Tuning in
Message 23 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hilarious!
hollyshafiq
Joining in
Message 24 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

I set up a virgin media account, 3 years ago. I have always dealt with resigning the account and the management of bills including adding services, paying more, and the bills are actually paid out of my bank account. The email address, the online setup and everything else is ALL in my name. 

I cannot for the life of me remember my password over the phone, despite being able to login online and Virgin have put my husband as the named contact because he was in the house on the day they installed our package.

When i call to speak to an advisor to cancel my account I am now all of a sudden not able to deal with the account? Even though in the past I am the only one who has? So how do I discuss my account if my husband knows nothing about it, is 3000 miles away in another country and can no longer speak to the cancellation team yet if I call to add a service I pass DPA each time? 

All I want to do is find out when I am out of contract and give my notice but how do I do this?!

0 Kudos
jaocheu
Joining in
Message 25 of 55
Flag for a moderator

A couple of times I left.

First time was my 80 year old father 5-6 years ago. He told Virgin over the phone he wanted to leave, the person on the phone said it is not possible over the phone. So I wrote a letter and an email to Virgin keeping a copy of both, cancelling. I then cancelled my father's direct debit. Next onth we got a bill from Virgin, so I emailed them informing them of the situation and we were no-longer with them. The following month he got another bill for two months rental, so I sent another email. This carried on for six months until I he contact by the debt department with the usual threatening series of letters. I informed the debt department of the situation, who basically wrote back and said we don't care you have to pay. So I contacted the media ombudsman (now a private company) sent the six months of emails and letter copies. Three weeks later, they wrote back saying they had told Virgin to go take a running jump and he didn't owe a penny. Unfortunately when they made the ombudsman a private company they removed the power to fine the company. So Virgin got no fine, which is why they are able to do this as a policy. 

The second time I cancelled Virgin I was more aware of what to expect, so planned for it. My sister wanted to cancel hers. So I called on her behalf and selected the we are moving house options for 150. If you are moving they are pretty much screwed and don't try and make you keep the service. The only twist was they tried very hard to get the new address, obviously to try a hard sell on the new address. They claim they must send the final bill to your new address,even though you have a direct debit set up, so don't need to. Since no-one was moving and she didn't have a new address, I told them to send it to  the existing address, she was living there for another month after the Virgin Media was cancelled. 

A final point when dealing with Virgin. A shop can't force a customer to buy anything, it's a criminal offence. You can also withdraw Virgin's right to debit money from you over the phone. If they refuse they are committing credit card fraud. If the person on the end of the phone refuses to cancel for your Virgin Media, inform them they are committing a criminal offence, ask them their name and tell then you will be calling the police directly after you hang up.

0 Kudos
stanleyparable
Just joined
Message 26 of 55
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be no "correct" way to cancel, with most people complaining that they're hopeless on the phone and to send a letter, but in my experience having sent a letter only to be told when I got another bill and phoned them that it must have been lost in the post. As my rental contract ends in 2 weeks I now need to pay a £12 fine!

Best course of action: send a letter with 6 weeks to go, and the following week call them up and double check they've received it. It should be far easier to cancel your contract but they'll do anything to get your money. After giving up on £50 from an offer they refused to honour, having to call them because my bill was wrong in the first month, then a couple of months later the cost of my contract going up mid-term, I've definitely been stung by their greed.

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 27 of 55
Flag for a moderator

-tony- wrote:

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Wasn't a UK call centre when I called today and followed those options... :-( 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
dmpriestley
Joining in
Message 28 of 55
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
David__________
Joining in
Message 29 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I signed up for Virgin Mobile in around 2014, but I've never actually used it. Virgin Mobile has been charged my bank account a 19 pound monthly fee all these years. I don't live in the UK any more, I don't have that SIM card and I don't know the number I used to have. The only information I have is my old London address, my bank account number and the DD title. I've called the Virgin Media helpline from abroad several times which obviously generates additional costs but they keep saying they can't terminate my contract based on the information I can provide them with. They also claim they I can't send my notice by email or post. I really wish to cancel the contract. I've found the address - Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ. Could anyone confirm it's the correct address to send a notice to or provide me with their email address, please? Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
carbonpm
Just joined
Message 30 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Why you re lying? Nobody will complain about someone s convincing them to do something that they don t want to do This is a sales tactic you re pulling It s called social proof If people hear about other people doing something they will believe that this is good for them too so they will change their mind It s no need to lie,just solve the problem -improve your service -do what the customers are asking for(as long as it s a reasonable request)-that s the only way forward.

0 Kudos