cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file amendments

Gibson1806
Joining in

I think this is the worst service ever provided! 
i can’t get anywhere with The credit file amendment service despite synonym three separate emails and only ever get an automated responses back. I moved out of a property in 2019, and then in 2021 I get a default notice on my credit file while I am in the middle of attaining a mortgage. The real icing on the cake is that they have notes on the system detailing when I moved out of the property yet they still put a default notice on my credit file for someone else’s bill two years later! I can’t make contact with the credit file amendment department, and not even the financial ombudsman can help me! Worst service provider in history

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gibson1806

Thank you for re3aching out to us in our community, we are sorry to hear your credit file is effected by a bill from when you weren't in the property, did you cancel the account when you moved?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gibson1806

Thank you for re3aching out to us in our community, we are sorry to hear your credit file is effected by a bill from when you weren't in the property, did you cancel the account when you moved?

Regards

Paul.

I didn’t cancel it when I left as my ex wife continued to live at the property. But I rang them and explained the whole situation to them and made every effort to transfer the ownership of responsibility over to my ex wife, And they do have notes on their system detailing this! 
She moved out of the property in July last year and clearly didn’t settle any outstanding balance, By this point I wasn’t even receiving the bills, everything had been transferred over to her so the first thing I knew about it was when I got a debt collections letter through my door and a default notice on my credit file

Hi @Gibson1806, thanks for your follow-up post here in the community.

It looks like that since your original post to us, you have received some further help on this matter - can you please confirm if you require any further assistance on this matter or are things now resolved for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Tom_W1, 

no, nothing has been resolved! I have had no correspondence from the credit file amendments department regarding this issue

Hi @Gibson1806, apologies for this.

Let me send you a PM so I can explore the specifics of this and offer you further help - kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W