cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

Marky57
Tuning in

I have today negotiated my contract. I agreed a figure and was emailed details. Two hours later I recieved a further email confirming details but cost per month has increased by a substantial amount. I spoke over phone after 2nd email to customer service who confirmed original agreed figure but this figure has not been updated online. My next payment is due tomorrow (8th July) and is at the out of contract level.  I know I have 14 days to decide if I want. Do I wait and check over next few days or should I call?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marky57

Thank you for joining me on private message. Glad we've been able to get this resolve for you today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marky57,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry for any confusion with the cost of your new package. 

I have been unable to locate your details on our system using your Forum credentials so could you let me know what the team advised? Have you not received your new agreement?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha

I have an email confirming our agreement for £107.

2 hours later received another that said it was confirming at £123. 

This is unacceptable. 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Any bills that have already been generated will be taken as the bill shows and will not change if you have agreed any new package, contract or monthly price. Your next bill will show and reflect any package or price changes, and will calculate any refunds or owing amount due from the billing period of your previous bill as you pay in advance for your services. 

You can see more about understanding your bills here. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

So should I wait until next week before getting back to retentions? 

Just to confirm, are you saying your agreed contract was £107 but your bill shows £123, or have you had two contracts through with different details? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

My agreed contract was for £107 per month and have a PDF with details. 

2 hours later I received a service Change Receipt PDF saying charge was £123 per month. 

Right, let's look into this for you further so we can confirm the package amount is the same as agreed. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message Marky57

Glad we were able to confirm and resolve this for you today.  Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marky57

Thank you for joining me on private message. Glad we've been able to get this resolve for you today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley