cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Without My Consent

michael121
Tuning in

I phoned VM on the 14/09/2012 to cancel as i was out of contact the call was fine and accepted my 30 days notice. I got a call a few days later offering me a better deal that i declined a hour later i get a email thanking me for renewing my contact.

I got on the phone and was assured that it would be cancelled 30 days from that date. It is now the 17/10/2021 and my services have still not been cancelled.

I know what VM are up to, they want to make sure its not cancelled until after the 30days cooling of period and i am stuck for the next 18 months. If that happens i will be going to the ombudsman. I've been with VM for around 8 years and this is how you treat me because i am leaving illegally signing me up to a contract i did not consent to.

Just cancel my account with immediate effect.

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi michael121, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear there's been an issue with your cancellation request. I'd like to take a look and see what we can do to help, please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) so we can confirm the details and we'll take it from there.

Tom

michael121
Tuning in

All sorted now thanks to Tom i don't know why the people on the phone cant be as helpful as on the forums.

I wish my issue was resolved as swiftly as yours  :D. Pretty much the same issue verbatim, though I didn't notice that they didn't cut me off as I had already removed the gear. I then fell ill and noticed the money coming out of my account. I called up in December to end the contract, to my surprise they did the opposite and are not recognizing the error. 

I'm fighting it now with them, though it looks like it will be the Ombudsman. 

Happy to hear that you got your issue sorted 🙂 

All the best,

Frazer

Hello FrazerG

Thanks for your post 

I can see you have already discussed this with my colleague and raised a complaint

Gareth_L