cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Bundle, when will the change take place

garrym1234
On our wavelength

Hi

I recently changed my virgin package to a new one, this was Wednesday 26th Jan. When will I see the changer? I have gone from 350mb broadband to 1gig as part of the package.

I have recieved an email explaining the change in package but when checking the package details through the app it still tells me the old package info. I have checked my broadband speeds and they are same as before the changed of package.

Its 3 days later,  so when will my package change to the new package?

Thanks

Garry

11 REPLIES 11

Hi

It all changed over to the new deal on Wednesday. (Tuesday overnight) so took 6days to change over.

Still getting use to the 360 set up and layout. 

As for the gigabit broadband, my speeds I am receiving to my devices haven't changed much from the 350M package I had. 

I found out about Sam knows website and check the speeds on that and it does say I am getting gigabit speeds coming into the house but my devices are only receiving close to 280-300m. 

Does this mean it's the devices I use only manage certain wifi max speeds? And can the ethernet cables play a part in what speeds I can get or are all ethernet cables the same? 

Thanks

Garry

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Garry, 

Thanks for the update.

The speed that comes into your Hub, will get spread out depending on the device. Some require more bandwidth than others, this is why we do not guarantee Wi-Fi as it is not strong enough 24/7. The wired connection is more stable for gaming and streaming. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide