cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Customer Services that hangs up

Tommee
Tuning in

I have just signed up for virgin media, not even installed yet but for the last two nights I have received a call from virgin media customer services that waits for me to answer then hangs up.  I returned the call last night and after a substantial wait the call was answered by someone and then immediately hung up.  Is this a common occurrence?  I am not even out of the period where I can cancel the order and this makes me wonder if I have made a mistake.  Anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Quite a few past topics from new customers have mentioned signing up to a VM package and then being bombarded with calls from VM sales agents. I presume that it is simply an attempt to upsell you onto an even bigger/better (more expensive) package than the one you originally signed up for once they have got you onboard. Welcome to VM!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Quite a few past topics from new customers have mentioned signing up to a VM package and then being bombarded with calls from VM sales agents. I presume that it is simply an attempt to upsell you onto an even bigger/better (more expensive) package than the one you originally signed up for once they have got you onboard. Welcome to VM!

Thanks for the response, would make sense if they actually tried to sell me something rather than just hang up. Having said that, as I have bought the max package, maybe that is the answer, they don't bother checking what I have before making the call then hang up when they realise there is nothing to sell me.

If it keeps happening I will just put them on the blocked list.

I would imagine the call centre uses an automated system to call customers.

You can opt out of these calls in your account settings I believe.

Thanks

Hi Tommee,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving calls from our team and the agent hangs up when you answer. I can assure you that this certainly isn't common practice. 

m00g has correctly advised that you can manage your marketing preferences from your My Virgin Media account here: https://virg.in/optout

Please do let us know if you need help with anything else.

Kind regards

Beth