cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement Transfer form question

JurassicMark
On our wavelength

I'm in the process of filling out the Bereavement Transfer form following the death of my dad. I'm going to transfer it to my mum but I'm a bit confused by the following question on the form:

I confirm the < Enter Name > have been given consent by the NEW Account holder to request for the account to be transferred into there name.

Firstly, it should be "their name", not "there name". Secondly, am I supposed to enter my name where it says "< Enter Name >" as I'm doing this on behalf of my mum? If I do then it will read: "I confirm the Mark have been given consent by...", which doesn't make grammatical sense. 

Another thing when filling out the form is that the areas where text has to be entered has a grey background with a slightly darker grey font colour, which makes it difficult to read. I can't change that as I get a "Write-protected content cannot be changed" message. 

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Condolences on the passing of your father. A past version of the form reads

I confirm that I <ENTER NAME> am able to give permission to the account being disconnected and a new account being created in the name of:

The wording has changed but presumably the current version has a typo. Google searches turn up various revisions of the form. The latest one seems to be dated 9/5/24 in the file name. It is quite common for VM to publish unchecked material in this way.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JurassicMark 

Welcome to the community forums 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and the confusion caused in the transfer name form. 

The team are aware of these grammatical errors as this has been previously but we can re-raise this for you today. Where you're having issues entering the text, it should say 'Click or Tap here to enter text' are you unable to enter any text into a box? If so, which box is this and we'll test at our side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The form here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/change-account-holder

and What to do if the account holder has passed away>>I’d like to transfer the account to a new person

gives a link to bereavement-transfer-form_updated-version-09-05-2024.docx

After downloading the form to Word, it seems the entire document is locked and all of the sections to enter text cannot be edited as the form is password protected.

Thanks.

I'll just stick my name in that bit and try to ignore the poor grammar.

I find it remarkable that a person employed to write documents for customers seems to lacks basic English skills. I'm not asking for perfection but that's very substandard and makes Virgin Media look bad.

I can enter text in the boxes but was intermittently getting the write-protected message when I highlighted all the "Click or tap here to enter text" bit before overwriting it with my text. If I just click there as instructed then my text gets inserted wherever I clicked into the existing text when I start typing.

My other concern was the similar shades of grey for the background colour and the font colour, which makes it difficult to read. It's a Word document and I don't have that software so opened it in LibreOffice. I don't know if that makes any difference but if not, I think it would be much better if the document was changed to use colours that are more contrasting. Or better still, create a web form instead of customers having to faff about downloading, filling in and emailing Word documents.

Thank you.

That's much better as I can get rid of the grey background to make it more readable. I may also rewrite the < Enter Name > part to make it grammatically correct.

Thanks for coming back to us @JurassicMark 

The bereavement process is being redone via an online form which we’re aiming to complete in the coming months which should make this easier and be grammatically correct. 
Do please let us know if you're experiencing any further issues or concerns with the current journey you're going through and we thank you for your feedback on the issues with the current form.

Thanks,

David_Bn