cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adaptor for landline phone for Hub 3 -

Robert201
Joining in

Can you please advise if you can supply an adaptor to plug by landline phone (virgin) directly into my Hub 3 router.

This is due to the upcoming disconnection by BT of my landlines.

Thanks

Robert McMillan

Customer acc no. [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robert201,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

I'm afraid that we do not supply the RJ11 adapters that are required to connect your landline handset to our hubs. I am sorry about this.

They can however, be purchased inexpensively online or from hardware shops.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Beth

Beth

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Beth_G wrote:  ……

I'm afraid that we do not supply the RJ11 adapters that are required to connect your landline handset to our hubs. I am sorry about this.They can however, be purchased inexpensively online or from hardware shops…….

OMG Now I’m really worried!  A month or so before Xmas my POTS line lost dial tone and VM sent engineer with adaptor to enable 21CV connection to Hub3 instead: 

89921F29-198E-46FC-BB63-93A821F9D307.jpeg
unfortunately I had to return the engineer but I did get to retain the adapter f.o.c …. 😉

So where did he get the adapter if VM don’t supply them? Should I be worried he wasn’t an authenticated VM engineer even though his visible credentials appeared valid? 

More seriously……
Maintaining telephony during power outages on 21CV is however far more problematic even if VM have fitted 21CV<>Hub battery backup as thIs is limited (apparently) to emergencY calls only! Completely unacceptable for at risk OAP’S/and clinically at risk users that could previously rely on inbuilt POT’s battery backup from local exchange mplex VM cabinet backup.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Robert201

Thanks for the reply

Is the landline issue now resolved? Not to worry, the technicians we send are fully VM certified. ^Travis

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs