cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to landline numbers

sallyrob68
Joining in

Using my landline, mobile and son’s mobile, even away from home, we cannot connect to most landline numbers. Mobile numbers appear ok and also the odd landline number but the majority just has a dead line our end but seemingly the other person hears the call ring but when tries to answer it doesn’t connect.

28 REPLIES 28

Hi

Kath

I see the following information on my side?

We can’t see any issues affecting PO8 9UF

Checked at 15:17 today

It's so frustrating having an intermittent phone service which isn't working?

I shouldn't get a dead tone on most calls regardless of the time of day or evening?

It happens on most calls and I think this must be a firmware issue on the Virgin HUB FIVE 🤔 😕 🙄 

Kind regards 

Dean

I can call some landline numbers through my home phone and mobile but most have a dead line although as I mentioned, I have been told it rings at the other person. This is happening to other people in my area too, we all have the same problem of not being able to call certain landline numbers be it from home phone or mobiles at home or away. 

Same here although there was sometimes a few seconds delay connecting but now Ki connection. 

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The fault is open and we are working on this now as per the details in my previous post. 

Until the fault is resolved there isn't anything more we can do I'm afraid. 

Please reboot the hub after the fault is resolved and if you are still having issues, we can then look further into things for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi sallyrob68, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I can see another user who posted in the same area as you however the teams have already looked into this and found no issues our end. There also hasn't been any spike in faults being reported so for now these are to be treated as single user issues. 

In terms of your issues happening via your Mobile and Landline, this would suggest an issue with the numbers you are calling as the Landline and Mobile are run off completely different systems and networks. The only way for the same issue to be happening on both would be if the issue is with the number you are calling. 

Have you spoken to the landline number's you're calling to see if they are getting this with other friends or family members too? Do you know who their provider is? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I can’t understand this at all. It is numerous numbers as I already mentioned. It is also happening to numerous people. I put up a post on my social media and people are having the exact same problem. Why I can’t call my father, auntie, doctor or dentist is a mystery to me! There is obviously a problem somewhere that us being overlooked??

Hi sallyrob68, 

I understand the frustration but we can only go by the information we already have here. 

It's possible that people aren't reporting this to us or potentially they are not on the same network as you but either way, currently we have already raised this and had an answer back advising that there is nothing wrong from this end. 

If we see a spike in these faults from your area then it would of course be looked at again but for now, as mentioned above we need to treat these are single user issues. 

The fact it's happening on both Landline and Mobile though suggests it's more an issue with the landline numbers you are calling so if they are all on the same provider, it's worth them calling their provider to report this too. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi

Kath

I see the following information on my side?

We can’t see any issues affecting PO8 9UF

Checked at 15:17 today

It's so frustrating having an intermittent phone service which isn't working?

I shouldn't get a dead tone on most calls regardless of the time of day or evening?

It happens on most calls and I think this must be a firmware issue on the Virgin HUB FIVE 🤔 😕 🙄 

Kind regards 

Dean

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your landline services recently. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 13 FEB 2023 09:00 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now.

Thanks, 

Megan_L