cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number

robkerrigan
Joining in

Hi,

I was issued with a Virgin phone number in the wrong geographical area, dialling code where I live is 01505 but was issued with an 0141 number. Any ideas on how to get this corrected?

Rob

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @robkerrigan 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you on board.

I am so sorry for the confusion with your phone number! I have checked and this does appear to be a relevant code for your area, the assignment of either area number will be based on both availability and location. 

Are you having any issues with the number at all? 

Thank you. 

Hi @Ashleigh_C,

Thanks for the reply & welcome. The area I live in has never been 0141, that number relates to Paisley, Glasgow etc

The 01505 area code is for Johnstone and the surrounding area.

Locations using 01505 numbers include:

• Beith
  • Bishopton
  • Brediland
  • Bridge of Weir
  • Johnstone
  • Kilbarchan
  • Kilbirnie
  • Kilmacolm
  • Lochwinnoch
  • Uplawmoor

The 0141 area code is for Glasgow and the surrounding area.

Locations using 0141 numbers include:

• Baillieston
  • Barrhead
  • Bearsden
  • Bishopbriggs
  • Bridgeton
  • Busby
  • Cambuslang
  • Clydebank
  • Cranhill
  • Croftfoot
  • Drumchapel
  • Erskine
  • Giffnock
  • Glasgow
  • Govan
  • Halfway
  • Ibrox
  • Kirkintilloch
  • Langside
  • Maryhill
  • Merrylee
  • Milngavie
  • Neilston
  • Newton Mearns
  • Paisley
  • Pollok
  • Possil
  • Provanmill
  • Renfrew
  • Rutherglen
  • Scotstoun
  • Shettleston
  • Springburn
  • Stepps
  • Thornly Park

Other than nuisance calls there isn't anything wrong with the service, I'd just like my number corrected

Rob

We can see that you have had this number for a number of years since joining our Family and can see that the area code has always been the same. I can definitely have a further look into this for you, I will need to contact the Telephony Team team the SLA for this 5 working days however. If you're happy for me to do so please let me know and I will contact them now. 

I cannot guarantee that this will yield the desired results as both area codes are showing as valid on our system but I'd more than happy to try? 

Yes I'm happy for you to contact the Telephony Team on my behalf

I have had the number for a few years and haven't had any success to have it corrected thus far

The info. I provided in my post above came from http://www.area-codes.org.uk

No problem, thank you so much for letting me know. I will send the email now and will let you know when I have the information, it will most likely be Monday.

Thank you again.  

Hi,

We're 3 weeks down the line and was hoping to hear something after 5 days. Is there any update?

Rob

Thanks for coming back to us @robkerrigan,

I'll seek to be in touch with @Ashleigh_C to see if we can find out more information on this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the delay in response to this and thank you so much for your patience. I have been able to speak to the telephony team who have confirmed that we can arrange for a new number, but they cannot guarantee that it will begin with a 01505 but they have confirmed that the 0141 is also correct for your area.

They have said that if you have had a number before with 01505 then they can see if that number is available and they will reassign it to you if they can? 

Thank you.

Ash 

I can assure you that 0141 is not correct irrespective of what they say, I've already provided this information in an earlier post

If I can't get a geographically correct number then I'm afraid I'll just have to cancel my landline