cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance calls

Johnny1983
Fibre optic

Hi

Do you have any plans to implement anything into your systems to stop silent calls? 🤔

My grandparents are getting calls where there's no one at the other end when they answer their phone🙁. This is annoying and frustrating for them 🙁. I've signed upto tps, had Acr, caller display put on my landline. Is their anything else you can do? 🤔 My grandparents are fed up of nuisance calls. We've even got a gigaset cordless. I'm constantly blocking the numbers on their. But we are still getting nuisance calls. 

J.H
13 REPLIES 13

@Lee_R wrote:

Hi Johnny1983

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear of issues with nuisance calls, and the distress they're causing.  All the options Virgin Media are currently empowered to suggest are detailed Here  I am sorry,

Regards

Lee_R

Virgin Media is not doing enough.  Because of being disabled, very reliant on the telephone and BB I have BT and recently got your telephone and BB.  But I am getting nuisance calls, despite being registered with TPS, not given out my number to anyone, also my number not given out in calls I make, and being x directory.  BT have BT call protect, and it works fantastic in stopping these unwanted calls.  Virgin is way behind with this technology to stop these unwanted calls, why?

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Nowtv, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. 

I am really sorry you've been getting unwanted to calls. 

Have you checked with our team your number is x directory? 

Are the numbers that call you withheld? We do have a caller reject feature you can add to your package.  

Let us know if this is something you would like us to look into. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R

Hetty

Given that the vast majority of calls attempting fraud by claiming to be;

Microsoft

Your Internet Service Provider

HMRC

Royal Mail

etc.

originate in India - and this is a proven fact - why do you not give your clients the option to simply block all calls from India.

What is astounding is that you know exactly which telephone numbers from India are coming into you network constantly on Autodialers to make these fraudulent calls - you could stop them at source.

It seems clear to me you do not want interrupt the revenue you generate by carrying the calls.

I have made a very relevant point to you - have the courtesy to follow this up and do us all a favour by allowing these calls to be barred.

Hi DClyn, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Whilst we understand that a small minority of these calls come from international countries, it is only a small minority. As well as this, most of the calls have spoofed the numbers to make it look like they are coming from other numbers. 

We do all we can to stop these companies but you need to ensure you keep your details safe too. 

Any calls you get, make sure you are reporting the calls to Action Fraud UK here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ so they can get as much information as possible to close the scammer down.

It's also worth registering for the Telephone Preference Service here: https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/register. It is the UK’s only official ‘Do Not Call’ register for landlines and Mobile numbers and is free. That should help reduce the number of calls you receive. 

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs