cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline dial tone

speckett
Tuning in

Just a quickie, my switchover date is today 19th october so like many I have transfered my old plugin landline to the new RJ11+socket for the te1 on the router. Switched everthing off and reset, making sure all cables were seated fully and powered beforehand. (hub3)

It did not come as a surprise that on powering on..where once my phone had worked just fine in the socket on the wall, now no longer worked when attached to the router. I have made several attempts with different cable sets all to no avail, it may very well be the case that it just takes sometime to switchover, but the router itself is not identfying there is a phone working via the port, I warrent having an engineer round to fix this issue is a waste of time, his and mine.

Everything has been installed as indicated by a capable IT proffessional

Why such a short RJ11+socket, going to purchase separately and recrimp my own but only alot longer.

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there speckett,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just to ask regarding this, is the handset you're using a DECT handset?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain 

thanks for the prompt response, yes I it is a dect phone

Since creating this thread, I have rebooted my router again.. and finally I have a dial tone, the line is a little crackly, but tbh the phone only get used for incoming calls so I am not that bothered. I may invest in a line filter.

We're glad to hear that is all sorted for you. 

^Martin