cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline

Fordh01
Joining in

There is an issue with my landline were I am not getting a dial tone and theres a faint crackling/static noise. The phone rings when there is an incoming call but when I answer the phone, I can hear a faint phone ringing noise. The phone that is making the call is still ringing too. I also can't make any outgoing calls. Have done all the troubleshooting suggestions but nothing has resolved the issue This has been happening since yesterday. Please can someone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fordh01,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if it's been causing some frustration for you. 

I've already taken a quick glance at your landline service on my side and can see you'll be needing an engineer call out. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this booked in for you 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fordh-1, 

I sent you a PM with the date and time of the engineer visit, if this isn't convenient for you, you can log into your Online Account to check, change or cancel your appointment. 

Please tell us how the visit goes, we'll be here if you need any further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ford01, 

Thanks for coming back to me in your PM to ask why your landline isn't working as it should.

There could be multiple reasons for why your landline isn't working properly, however my health check on your service indicated an engineer visit was needed 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your help, the engineer has been out today and has now connected my landline to the modem instead of the old copper wiring system so it now works perfectly. He has, however advised that I will need a new modem as my current one has a continuous glowing red light on the front. Is this something you can help with? It should be in the engineers report.

Kind regards

Helen

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fordh01

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear this is all now resolved - I will drop you a private message now to collect some more information and have this red light issue looked into. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs