cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

rizzles5
Tuning in

my phone went down tuesday as well as my tv and broadband however i managed to fix my tv and broadband so they are now fine but my landline is still not working when i pick up my receiver i get a longish bleep then off continuous. 

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rizzles5 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community - Please make your own thread going forward, we've moved this for you in this instance.

We're sorry to hear about your landline issues. Can you confirm that your landline phone is plugged into the telephone port one on the router?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

yes its all plugged in properly i did try to take cable out of tower for a matter of seconds and then put it back in but that didnt work either also i pushed the button on the tower, i have literally tried everything to get my landline working again 

Hi @rizzles5 

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll send you a PM now to get some details.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

i tried taking out the plug at the mains and waiting and that didnt solve anything as the landline went dead but when i put the plug back in and switched back on its still the same issue with no dialing tone just a continuous longish bleeping

Hi Helen

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was out of the office Saturday and the business closed for Easter. 

I have booked you a tech in for the earliest slot, Thursday the 13th, between 8am-Midday.

Is this a good slot?

John

John_GS
Forum Team

rizzles5
Tuning in

phone is now working properly as it should as engineer came yesterday and fixed it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rizzles5 👋

Thanks for your update on this. I'm glad to hear your phone is now up and running again as normal 🎉 If you do need anything else, please raise a new post and one of the team/community will be happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ