cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Chrisrj46
Tuning in

Hello

My landline is not working although the Virgin service check is saying no fault detected!

I cannot ring to report as I have no landline!

Can someone form Virgin please contact to advise what next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hrhkmc007
Tuning in

my landline has been down since yesterday bh8 area cant phone virgin also as line not working

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

hrhkmc007
Tuning in

my landline has been down since yesterday bh8 area cant phone virgin also as line not working

Thanks for response, I am  in BN13

if virgin keep saying there's no fault how will they fix it ?

Hi, I have had similar issues before the website saying no fault but then when I rang and spoke to Virgin they admitted there was a fault. Suspect their auto checking system is not robust, also don't forget to claim compensation for lost service

Hi Chrisrj46,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently have no dial tone on your landline.

Can we ask if you're able to try a few diagnostics first, then we can assist your further if required?

Can we ask if you have tried another handset in the master socket, just so we can eliminate its not the equipment causing the fault?

If you have any extensions sockets, please remove these, along with any other devices i.e. fax machines, alarm systems and anything else you have attached to your line. 

If you have a digital handset, please make sure this is seated in its cradle correctly and the volume is up high.

Once you have tried the above and if you still have no dial tone, please come back to us and we will investigate this further for you.

You can also check the link here in the meantime fir further help and advice.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Yes I have run through the online suggestions for checking and also now your additional suggestions, unfortunately no change.

thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for running those checks for us @Chrisrj46

The weather is creating a lot of landline issues that are still using the old copper line technology. Looks like we'll need to book you a technician appointment to come and resolve. I'll continue this conversation via private message, as I'll need to confirm information to locate your account. Please look out for my private message in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Oops! sorry, my bad - forgot to add the link for the online account - you can check the date and time via your online account here

Here to help 🙂
Carley