cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working BR5

James999
On our wavelength

Hi! Our landline stopped working sometime today. Our neighbours (also Virgin Media) did too. We are BR5 area. Service Status check on website says no outage. And cannot see a way to report our problem on the VMwebsite. How to report without paying 0345 phone charge?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @James999,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline at the moment, I can look into this here for you upon checking the system, I can see that there is an area fault(this should now be showing on the service status page) the current estimated fix time for this issue is in the early hours of Saturday morning @ 00:40am. Any further updates would be shown on the service status page.

Also, please be aware for the future, if you have any further faults that calls to our 0345 number are not premium rate call but they are treated as a local call and usually included in mobile allowances from most operators.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @James999,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline at the moment, I can look into this here for you upon checking the system, I can see that there is an area fault(this should now be showing on the service status page) the current estimated fix time for this issue is in the early hours of Saturday morning @ 00:40am. Any further updates would be shown on the service status page.

Also, please be aware for the future, if you have any further faults that calls to our 0345 number are not premium rate call but they are treated as a local call and usually included in mobile allowances from most operators.

Regards,

Steven_L

James999
On our wavelength

Many thanks Steven for your very quick response. That's excellent.

And thank you re the 0345 number - unfortunately I only have a cheapskate PAYG mobile, and calls from it to 0345 eat through my PAYG balance if I'm on it for minutes! 😉 Would love to be able to report faults via the MyVirgin website one day.

James999
On our wavelength

Do you please have a fault reference number for this please? I ask because the Service Status Checker still shows as no issues affecting our area. Many thanks again!!

You're very welcome @James999, you can run some basic diagnostics via your online account and book tech appointments, if needed.

The fault reference is F009651899

Regards,

Steven_L

James999
On our wavelength

Thank you for the fault reference, Steven. Problem is on the website, it says "We can't see any issues affecting BR5 xyz. Checked at 17:43 today" so there is no way to report a fault or book an engineer on the site because of that.

Thanks for your response @James999, you can run additional checks via your online account but if that doesn't work for you, the next option would be to call into the team or we also have two other options to get in touch. You can text us on 0753 305 1809 or on WhatsApp using 0730 532 7112.Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Regards,

Steven_L

James999
On our wavelength

Much appreciated, Steven. Thank you for all the info and have a good weekend.

No problem at all @James999.

We are always happy to help 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs