cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not Ported

YamYam72
Joining in

Our landline number that we had with Sky has not ported across as requested. On my mobile to Virgin call centre for 30 minutes today, no help whatsoever. All I could make out is that I may be charged. I need it changed ASAP due to various authorities having our old number because of our son who has special needs. Not happy about this at all.

8 REPLIES 8

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Yam 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies that you have had number porting issues 😢.  We would need to bring you in for a private message regarding this in order to get it looked into and see why it has not ported over. There is no charge for porting over any numbers to and from providers. Look out for the purple envelope (top right), you will just need to go over a few details regarding your account. 

Sabrina

Good morning Sabrina

I'm afraid our landline has not yet ported over, it was due to happen yesterday, the 25th.

Could you please update me on this issue. 

Adam

Hi Adam 👋.

Thanks for the message. I have sent you a private message with the details of your query.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina I’m having the same problem can you help thanks.

Hi there @sharpy71 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have also faced this issue with your landline! Can I ask if the landline is still active with your previous provider? Can I also ask when you switched over to our services?

Thanks again

I don’t know I switched over on the 24/04/2023 from sky thanks.

No problem, thank you @sharpy71 

I'm going to pop you a Private Message so we can take a closer look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM @sharpy71 and I am glad we have been able to confirm the date of the number port. 

Please do let us know how things are looking after the given date and please be aware it can take until midnight on this day for the port to complete.