cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important: Your phone service is changing

TimothyR
Joining in

Have been notified of the move to VOIP in June.

(1) My Home phone 'Binatone Defence 6025', has a base station, and two extensions. The Manual [yes, I not only kept it, but found it!], says that if connection is a broadband one, then each telephone will need a micro-filter connected, will you be supplying them with the adapter?

Does the adapter come with a telephone - router cable?

If landline operation ceasing, why no reduction in charges?

TimothyR

12 REPLIES 12

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you via a PM to make sure.

I'll send one over now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@TimothyR wrote:

Hi

Yes, base unit in ground floor lounge, near to router, second cordless extension plugged into a telephone socket in 1st floor bedroom and corded extension in kitchen.

In which case you would need to book a technician as part of the switchover process to ensure your telephone extension sockets are linked to the phone socket on the VM hub as part of the switchover process.

VM should offer to do this for free. Refer to this page about half way down:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

Just so you know...

We’re switching your home phone service over to our fibre network from the traditional telephone line at no extra cost.

and

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if:

You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service

Your Hub and phone can’t be placed near each other

Thanks 'goslow'

I would suggest that useful to review your published material, which could reduce the content by say merging the material regarding 'connected devices' which should be followed by the line 'Request a free technician visit', rather than expect your audience to scroll down the whole page. What about your audience whom do not use the internet?

Anyway just a thought

Bye for now as