cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Network Grace Period

zerodbs
Up to speed

I have been informed by email that on 2nd June my current home phone service will stop working and will be switched over to the fibre network. I will need a technician visit because my Hub and phone can’t be placed near each other and I have other phones connected to extension sockets. Will there be a grace period where both the old and new systems will work or does the technician visit need to be on the day to avoid a period without a phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey zerodbs, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and nice to have you back to the community.

We're glad to assist with your landline switchover process, please also visit this link here for all useful info related to this process for your reference.

As you advised you'll need someone to set you up for this change, we'd be eager to help out with arranging this.

Since we've announced the switch in your area will take effect soon, the line via fibre optics will be active and ready to use (if not yet).
The copper lines will be removed too and the line will stop working via the wall socket.

I can assist with booking the engineer visit for you, I will message you privately to do this now.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey zerodbs, I have sent a PM now, thanks. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs