cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible handsets for virgin fibre line

cbee2021
Joining in

Hi,

I am trying to find out what handsets are compatible with the new fibre landline?  I haven't had a landline for a while so I am unsure exactly what handset to get.  Does it have to be a virgin handset or are most compatible and where is a good place to buy one from.  Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @cbee2021,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us here. 

We don't have a list of telephones that can be used with our services as most of the handsets that you can get would be compatible with your landline service.

We can also arrange for an adapter to be sent out to ensure that your handset can be plugged into your hubs phone socket, we can arrange this for this to be sent out to you.

Amazon or Argos would probably be the best places to try and get a handset from.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @cbee2021,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us here. 

We don't have a list of telephones that can be used with our services as most of the handsets that you can get would be compatible with your landline service.

We can also arrange for an adapter to be sent out to ensure that your handset can be plugged into your hubs phone socket, we can arrange this for this to be sent out to you.

Amazon or Argos would probably be the best places to try and get a handset from.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

It's great to be part of the Community and thank you for replying so quickly.

Your reply has been a great help as I don't currently have a handset and haven't for a number of years.  I shall look on Amazon or Argos as you suggested. 

I'm finding it a bit confusing as things have changed since I last had a landline, I am in the process of booking an Engineer appointment as this house hasn't got a current line or socket, so I thought I should get a handset before they come out at least.  As it will be plugged into the hub I'm assuming that I won't need a socket, really not sure.

You've reassured me that it's ok to get pretty much any phone,  

Many Thanks

cbee2021

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cbee2021,

No problem at all! Thank you for such kind words, I will ensure that Steven_L is made aware of this. 🙂

Please let us know how  your appointment goes and if you need any further help in regards to your landline.

We're always more than happy to help.

Thank youm

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs