cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps4 wont connect to hub4

Riks27
Joining in

Hi,

I've gone through some of the boards already and didnt quite find an answer to what I was looking for so im hoping you can help?

I recently got setup at home with the new Hub4 which I opted to set up myself - everything seemed to work fine upon the intial set up and every device in the house was able to connect to the new Hub just fine for about a day or two until everything stopped connecting.

So long story short, ive been in calls with the support team all day and 4 different people have tried things that havent sorted the issue. Most devices at home (all phones, [android and iOS] laptops and tablets seem to connect just fine but my ps4 and TV is still not finding the router at all.

I have a 3rd party wifi extender which worked fine with the previous Hub3 but since the new hub, this doesnt seem to connect to the old extender? So in an attempt to circumvent this - i purchased your own brand Virgin booster thinking this would optimise the connectivity issues and plugged in as instructed but the light has been pulsing white for hours now and doesnt seem to connect to the router either?

So, this has been happening nonstop for about a week now and im out of ideas where to turn, is anybodyyy able to help?

I just want to watch Archer on netflix again 😭

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Riks27

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've not been able to locate your account from the forum information provided - is everything sorted now or do you still need further assistance?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sounds like an Intelligent Wi-Fi and 5 GHz incompatibility related issue to me, so I would disable Intelligent Wi-Fi and set up separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless bands, then connect your PS4 and TV to the 2.4 GHz band.

If it's an original style PS4, these don't support 5 GHz Wi-Fi and I'm suspecting your TV is the same, which is why I think Intelligent Wi-Fi is hindering your connection with these devices.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

All kit provided by VM is useless.

Best bet, is to put your SH4 in modem mode, and add your own router. You can thank me later.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?