cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Issues and Speed

joe_ollie909
Joining in

Hi.

Lately I’ve been having quite high ping on Xbox going into the 50-100ms range. I have Gig1 with Hub4 and I am only getting 200-300mbps on my phone and Xbox. Can anyone help me? It’s quite frustrating when I’m playing games after work. 

cheers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello joe_ollie909

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to the connection issued experience whilst gaming on your Xbox, we understand the frustration this can cause specially when gaming. Welcome to the community.

There are a lot of variables when gaming online on any device, from the game, connection type, game server etc

Are you playing over a wired or wireless connection? Does it happen on all games or specific ones? Do you play in a party and if so, are they all UK based? If someone in the party is from Europe or even further away it can effect the server you connect to depending on who is the host.

We would always recommend playing over a wired connection for the fastest most stable connection possible. We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello joe_ollie909

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to the connection issued experience whilst gaming on your Xbox, we understand the frustration this can cause specially when gaming. Welcome to the community.

There are a lot of variables when gaming online on any device, from the game, connection type, game server etc

Are you playing over a wired or wireless connection? Does it happen on all games or specific ones? Do you play in a party and if so, are they all UK based? If someone in the party is from Europe or even further away it can effect the server you connect to depending on who is the host.

We would always recommend playing over a wired connection for the fastest most stable connection possible. We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

Rob

Hi rob. I’ve installed an Ethernet cable and the connection seems to be heaps more stable and I’m getting 1000gbps on my Xbox.

The ping when I’m gaming is around 36-50mbps, is that normal? When I do speed tests it says my ping to router is 11mbps.

cheers

Hi joe_ollie909,

Glad to hear the connection is better! Anywhere between 20-50 ping when gaming is considered good. You may find some help here 

Alex_Rm