cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting Wi-Fi while gaming

BenjaminPring
Joining in

I have my PC connected to my router via Ethernet cable and while playing any game I get disconnected from the Wi-Fi completely. This happens every 5-10 minutes. There aren’t any other devices connected or using the Wi-Fi while playing so I don’t understand why this is happening. 

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If your PC is connected to the Hub by ethernet, it's not using the WiFi. And you say nothing else is either. So what's the problem? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nothing else at the time I am playing games, while it is connected via Ethernet it seems to just disconnect completely. This happens multiple times a day. I have swapped cables and checked them there’s no visible problems with them. 

OK, so it's nothing to do with WiFi at all.  Let's forget about that.

There are a number of things you can do to check what's happening.

To start with, check that there is no local network issue by calling 0800 561 0061.

Set up a free BQM that will check your connection for dropouts, https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality  and post on here the Live Link that is generated.

Go into your Hub on 192.168.0.1.   Click on Check Router Status. Copy as text and post on here the Downstream Upstream and Network Log data

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @BenjaminPring thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having connection issues whilst online gaming.  I have checked our systems form here and cannot find anything that may be causing the issues you're having.  Would you please follow the advice given by jpeg1?  Before doing, please do a pinhole reset of your hub and allow a few hours for it to collect data, then share your hub status and logs on here?   Once we have access to this information we can then provide further support.

Regards

Lee_R