cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net emails unavailable

SRH14
Joining in

I've had an email account @virgin.net since first being a Virgin customer when moved by Virgin from NTL many years ago. We still have a Virginmedia accont for our landline, internet and TV. 

I use the email account ---@virgin.net mutliple times daily.  Today I have no access with the recurrent message that 'cant send mail' 'the userneame or password for ---@virgin.net is incorrect'. As I've not changed either of these and I'm the sole user of this email address, its incomprehensible. 

Please note  - our wifi / internet connection is working OK.

If I try another route to my emails via the Virginmedia website the message ' Your mailbox is not avaialbe at the moment appears'.  The 'moment' has now been three hours!

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SRH14 wrote:

If I try another route to my emails via the Virginmedia website the message ' Your mailbox is not avaialbe at the moment appears'. 

In that case, the first thing to do is to follow the advice here to reset your password.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

The error messages generated by email apps (in your case "the userneame or password for ---@virgin.net is incorrect" are often confusing and do not give the full story.

Having said that in this case the error message your get from the VM website is not a lot better. It usually says "try again in an hour" but in fact the mailbox will continue to be inaccessible until either the customer is able to unlock it themselves by resetting the password or in some cases it needs action by VM IT staff to unlock it.

Post back here to advise how you get on with resetting the password and whether that enables you to access the account.

If you are then able to access the account via the website don't forget you will need to update the password in your email app to your new password before you can download or send your emails on your device.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SRH14,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having this issue with your email services lately. Is this problem occurring via our webmail platform on our website too, or via a third party mail client/app like Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!