cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing primary email address?

Gasman14
On our wavelength

Hi

I used my old BT email address to sign up with Virgin long before it was activated. All my Virgin stuff mobile, broadband etc is all up and running fine and now I have a secondary account with a virgin media email address. My problem is if BT stops my emails I won't be able to access the primary account is there any way I can change the primary account email address to the Virgin one please?

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/what-is-a-my-virgin-media-account

See under How do I change my username? and How do I update my details in My Virgin Media?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Gasman14
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply👍. I seem to remember trying to change my username a while back but it only allowed a change to the secondary account if my memory is correct. Reading a few similar posts in the forum it does seem like the primary username is carved in stone but when first signing up I can't see how you could give a virgin address when you haven't been allocated one?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, within my preferences on your online account you can use any email address as your log in, I have recently changed mine to a Gmail one so I am are it will work.

Regards

Paul.

Gasman14
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul. Had an email from Virgin inviting me to check my usage, I logged in with my secondary account email address and it said " access not available from a secondary account" tried the primary one no problems?. It seems not all info is available via secondary account which is a concern if I lose my primary account by email address!

Hi Gasman14,

All you need to do is sign into the account using the details this would still be the same even if you lost access to the emails as long as you remember the password.

Regards

Paul.