cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Email Access not working

OlliverOil
Tuning in

Hi, Does anyone else have a problem with accessing their email account today?  I had access yesterday, but this morning it has not been possible to access it.  Message states:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

It's been a few hours like this now.  Am a bit concerned that they have closed my account down, along with many others, as I've seen some comments and reports of this suddenly happening to people without warning.  As Virgin Media do not give any status details on their website I'd like to know if this is just a network problem/Virgin issue or if it's more than that.  If anyone has any more details that would be helpful.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

albob
Superfast

Two questions - have you tried the advice given in this 'sticky' ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

and do you have an active 'service' from VM (e.g. broadband/TV) ? -- If you do not have an Active service your email account is liable to be deleted.......!

Thanks for the link albob - I had a look through this.  I did search on all boards but couldn't find the information.  

I had to change my email password and it's now working and I can get back into my emails.  Thanks.

Hey @OlliverOil,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've had with your mailbox and trying to get the issues resolved but I'm glad to hear that you're back in your mailbox with the assistance from the other community members.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L