cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECONDARY email account locked out

Joining in

I have TWO email accounts as follows:

[MOD EDIT: Personal details] - Primary (and linked to "My Virgin Media" account) and

[MOD EDIT: Personal details]  - Secondary account

The SECONDARY account has been locked out for some weeks with the following message "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them".

Please explain what I need to do in order to unlock the secondary account and get access to the historic emails as I need these in order to complete a Corporation Tax return by 31, July.

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @kim1231,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that this is still ongoing for you, what I would like to do is have a look into this with you, so that I can do so I will need to pull you in for a quick private message.

If you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Borealis23
Joining in

Hi @Joseph_B, 

I am also having the same issue as described on this forum. I have a secondary account which I can only access through the main one and it now comes up with 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them'. Therefore I have no access to the historical emails associated with this account which is a big problem.

Unfortunately I cannot access this email separately from my main account and when I try to reset the password for it, it does not even recognise the email address as being a mail account that exists.

I would hugely appreciate your help.

BW

Lorna 

Hi there @Borealis23 👋 Welcome back to the forum 😊

Sorry to see you are also having issues with your secondary email, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 🤔

Have you been able to check this  super handy thread which details how to reset the information to be able to log in? If not, it's worth a read.

If you are still struggling with this after checking, please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

spikeq
Joining in

I managed to change my secondary account password (at last) by highlighting the secondary email address (on the Virging media email page) selecting ACCOUNTS, and from that, used the Edit function. I didn't find anything to be intuitive, but being an old person, just kept trying through guesswork until, all of a sudden, I had it all back. Virgin Media were prompt in responses to me and warned that after doing this, I would not see the effect until 30 minutes after the password change. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help from here and Virgin Media

Spike

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @spikeq thanks so much for your update here, that's great news!
Your post here I'm sure will help other users in your position so we really do appreciate this, glad you got things sorted 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Nathan,

I had a look at the thread you suggested but it does not work for me as the secondary account I have only exists linked to the other account. This is because this account was created when I had virgin broadband and then when my subscription ended I contacted virgin and they said the only way they could keep the email active was by linking it to my other account. But this means that when I do 'forgot password' it does not recognise the secondary account email address as even existing, as I said previously.

In addition I have seen 'spikeq's' post below and that does not work for me, as when I try to change the password internally via this method I just get a message saying validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials.

It has been a while now and I am fearful that all my emails on that account are lost.

Can further assistance be provided please?

BW

Lorna

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Borealis23,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that the previously discussed methods did not work for you!

Can you please confirm if you're currently an active Virgin Media Broadband customer? If not, can you tell us when you were last a customer with us?

If it's been over 90 days since you've been a customer of ours, then there's a possibility that your email could have been deleted as per our T&C's

Please let us know so that we can do all we can to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs