cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset won’t work

Beverick
Joining in

my email has been locked. I tried to change the password but I had to change my login address first. When I tried to validate the email change via the link in the email it said that the link had expired and I must try again even though I clicked the link within seconds of the email arriving. The message says I should reset the email again but, when I try, I just get a message saying I must validate the change using the original link.

Hiw do I break out of this loop?

3 REPLIES 3

rayhy
Tuning in

I wonder if this has any connection with the next board, where a few people are getting a screen saying email cannot be accessed.  What little i have heard from Virgin points to a problem with password verification, and I do not understand how that works

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beverick wrote:

my email has been locked. I tried to change the password but I had to change my login address first. When I tried to validate the email change via the link in the email it said that the link had expired and I must try again even though I clicked the link within seconds of the email arriving. The message says I should reset the email again but, when I try, I just get a message saying I must validate the change using the original link.

Hiw do I break out of this loop?

A workaround for this issue is to:

1. submit a different Sign in Email Address
    For example, test@example.com — in this case there is no server running for the message to be delivered to, i.e. mail delivery fails and is returned to sender.
  2. resubmit the original Sign in Email Address and this time keep the page open until you receive the verification link email

Are you using a sub-address as your new Sign in Email Address, i.e. john.smith+sub_address@ gmail.com? if so then try without.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Beverick 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your login concerns. Has the advise and steps kindly provided by 用心棒 allowed you access back into your account and email?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley