cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

nigelnash
Joining in

I am unable to send or receive emails, but it was OK first thing this morning. My PC, tablet and phone don't seem to recognise my password on Outlook. I can sign into Virginmedia.com, but when I try to read emails directly on the server, it says Mailbox unavailable 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Wait at least one hour after changing the password before trying to access the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Wait at least one hour after changing the password before trying to access the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, once I'd changed my password, the emails flooded in and there was one from VM saying they had locked my mailbox as one of my devices may be infected with malware.

Hi nigelnash, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your mailbox was locked. 

I'm really glad the advise from Graham_A got things working for you again. Kudos to them 🙂

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop a post back here so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs