cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to mail

LILYWILSON
Joining in

Hello, I seem to have abruptly lost access to my virgin.net email account. I am not a current virgin media customer (I was years ago) so none of the online options for resetting anything to regain access apply and I can't seem to contact anyone about it either. How do I regain access and does this mean the service of having an email account through Virgin without being a current customer is ending? 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LILYWILSON wrote:

Hello, I seem to have abruptly lost access to my virgin.net email account. I am not a current virgin media customer (I was years ago) so none of the online options for resetting anything to regain access apply and I can't seem to contact anyone about it either. How do I regain access and does this mean the service of having an email account through Virgin without being a current customer is ending? 

It has always been the case  that you need to be a virgin media broadband customer to have an email account with them.  Virgin.net emails are no different other than that you may have originally set it up as a dial up account which was paid for my the phone call charges when you dialled in.

VM have been very poor at catching up with these orphaned accounts but it would seem that they have now found yours and deleted it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK, thanks for your reply, so just like that I have permanently lost access to all my emails and contacts? I must have had this email address for at least 20 years, and no warning whatsoever. I was a Virgin Media customer years ago but the service was terrible (as this only proves), how can they keep it active for years after leaving if you need to be a customer to have one, then delete it with no warning? Is there no way I can access it one last time to move information? 

Hi LILYWILSON, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. We're really sorry to hear you've lost access to your email address. 

As mentioned above already, your email address would stay active for 90 days after the broadband account has been disconnected. After this time it's usually deleted but some do slip through the net. We do run clean up's and it's just been a chance of luck that yours has only now been picked up. 

There may be something we can try to and regain the access but there is no guarantee and if it does work, there is no telling how long access will remain. It may work for an hour, a week or another few years. Either way you should use the chance to back up anything you need as if it works, we won't be able to do it again. 

In order to help I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs