cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email unavailable - and urgently need access

Mie12
Joining in

Since early this morning I have not been able to access my emails. I contacted help twice and was told both times to reset my password and run malware scan then wait 30 minutes. Neither has worked. I am still completely unable to access emails that I urgently need access to.

I was told that a technician would be in touch in about 3 working days...though it was not clear if Saturday and Sunday counted, also that the 3 could be 4 or 5 - there was 'no timeline' and 'no guarantee'.

Please can someone help me gain access to my emails and account as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No-one will call you back. That was just a lie to get you off the phone.

Did you follow the procedure in this link? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...   

Did you actually manage to change the password in your email shown under My Profile, or was there a problem doing that?

If you did that and it still didn't work then you will have to wait until a VM staff member picks up this thread and offers to help.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi thank you for the link. Yes I did manage to reset my password, as well as do scan. The second time I asked the person on the phone to change my password which he said he did, but when I checked later he hadn't or it hadn't worked. Now I can't even access my account...so will have to wait until someone replies here. I will be looking to move my account after this to somewhere that actually offers customer support when it's needed.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are absolutely right to get a new email account that is not tied to an ISP.  There are a few to choose from. 

When you have access to the Virgin mail, set up a forwarding arrangement to the new account. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.