cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account closed but need access

Bob-
Just joined

I had to close my VM account as did VM did not provide services to new address when I moved. Now I can't access my emails after (admittedly 8 months after account closed) but thought it would stay open indefinitely. My mistake I know, but after having NTL and then VM all my contacts and emails are in that account.. Talked to VM but they say nothing they can do..😨

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Emails should be closed 90 days after you leave, often they hang around for longer, unfortunately once an email is closed Virgin will not reopen it for non customers 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the information that you have been given is right as you are no longer a Virginmedia customer you are not entitled to use a Virginmedia email address, if the email has been deleted then also once the email address has been deleted then it cannot be undone. All the support staff can do is too make sure it is deleted fully, they will not be able to re-enable the email address.

Normally email addresses will be deleted 90 days after account closure, as per the Terms and Conditions, sometimes they do hang around for longer but should not be relied on as can be deleted at any time after the 90 days.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Bob- 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you can't access your email address.

As the information provided from our community members, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to gain access to the account as after 90 days the email address should be closed. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M