cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mail down for five days. Is anyone else having problems in BR2 8PY?

TWW11
Tuning in

Our Virgin email went down last Thursday.  It is now Tuesday and it is still down.  The phone helpline is anything but helpful with the same automated message that there is an ongoing problem in the BR2 8PY post code that is being dealt with but which is very complex.  My Virgin Media gives no indication of any problems.  Is anyone else suffering?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bully9
Dialled in

At the risk of "piggy-backing", the answer is "yes". In the GU1 Guildford area. I've been told it should be up again in "a maximum of "5 working days". So you should only have a day to wait.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

bully9
Dialled in

At the risk of "piggy-backing", the answer is "yes". In the GU1 Guildford area. I've been told it should be up again in "a maximum of "5 working days". So you should only have a day to wait.

Thanks for expounding.  I’m not holding my breath.

@bully9 The chances of it miraculously fixing itself in five days without some intervention by yourself is close to zero!

Now as you have called VM, I guess both you and @TWW11 are current VM broadband subscribers, that being the case, log into the https://my.virginmedia.com website using your main account credentials. Once logged in, find the email address in question and see if you can’t change the password associated with it. Give it 30 min or so and then try to access your emails with the new password.

@TWW11 you might want to unmark the answer above as being ‘helpful’ A quirk of the forum software regards this as being a ‘problem all fixed now’ setting and hence is unlikely to attract the attention of the forum team.

There may or may not be a fault in your area, but I guarantee this won’t have any bearing on an email issue.

I've started my own thread.

Thanks, Jem.  I cannot pretend to understand why, but your suggestion worked.  Thanks again.

Thanks for the update @TWW11, and I'm pleased to read that the advice from @jem101 proved to be successful. 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn