cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant set up email ?

ron101
On our wavelength

I can't set up an email account, I used ron1021 for a few years, and I need it for FACEBOOK now FB keeps on kicking me out.Can you set it up for me again? I have got to have that email account because it is the only way I've got to get on to it. And I can't set up my email account for email either.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 08-13-03 Settings Accounts - ronaldedmonds RONALD - Virgin Media Mail.png

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 08-45-21 E-mail - ronaldedmonds RONALD - Virgin Media Mail.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining me in the Private Messages Ron and happy to help resolve the majority of the issues.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to post on the forums and we'll be happy to help.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ron101  The images have been rejected as they show private information.  However, the email address concerned still shows as valid when checked with an online email checker.  

You probably need to change the password for the email account concerned by signing into the My Virgin Media account using the email address and current password.  Click on Update settings > Account details > edit to the right of password.

Once you have done this sign out of the account and then go back to the webmail page where you are trying to add the address as an additional account and try with the new password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ron101
On our wavelength
it works with ron101 but it doesnt work with ron1021 or helloyou13? why is that?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ron101 wrote:
it works with ron101 but it doesnt work with ron1021 or helloyou13? why is that?

Sorry, can you expand on what you mean by "it works"?

What happens if you try to sign into ron1021 via the VM webmail page here:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Make sure that you sign out of any other accounts before trying the above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

ron101
On our wavelength
I can't get an email, because everything I use it rejects it that applies to ron1021 and helloyou13. I am still connected by ron101 though. I'm trying to get 3 emails for various reasons.

ron101
On our wavelength

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 18-33-27 E-mail - ronaldedmonds RONALD - Virgin Media Mail.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without seeing the specific error message from VM webmail it is not easy to say what the problem is.  However, I suspect that the email addresses concerned have become orphaned, that is not connected to your primary VM broadband account.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise you further when they reach this thread in a day or so.

ron101
On our wavelength
ok thank you

ron101
On our wavelength

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 18-42-37 E-mail - ronaldedmonds RONALD - Virgin Media Mail.png

ron101
On our wavelength

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 18-58-25 Settings Accounts - ronaldedmonds RONALD - Virgin Media Mail.png