cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access orphaned email

mardron
Just joined

Hi all - is it possible to access an orphaned blueyonder account? I just found out a company has been sending email to my old account.

I have done a quick test and there is no mail undeliverable message being returned to the address appears to be valid.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mardron wrote:

I have done a quick test and there is no mail undeliverable message being returned to the address appears to be valid.

Sadly, it appears to be quite common for orphan accounts to appear to be valid, as you describe, but actually the account itself is inaccessible. Presumably that is because Virgin Media have closed your webmail account but not the mailbox itself.

You could try resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your email address as the username and then follow the prompts.

If you get the error message "Unable to find your username" that is bad news. However if VM recognises your email address then you have a chance, even if it is a small one. 😯

Post back here to let us know how you get on with resetting the password and whether you have regained access.

If you no longer have a VM broadband account there is very little that VM can do to help you. However, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should contact you via this forum in a day or so and they will be able to let you know the situation with your account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mardron

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Just to double check - was this email created on an old account? Have you moved address and been provided with a new account number at all?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs