cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB with sim cheaper than without?

Leemelina
Tuning in

I just spoke to an agent through the web chat and agreed to take 1GB of internet and an O2 SIM card.
I explained i don't need a sim and asked for a quote without it but was told it was more expensive without the SIM.

However now I read that they are invoiced separately, could I not just cancel the sim within 14 days but keep the internet?

Otherwise the sim will be paid for but never used, which feels bad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Assuming it doesn't incur additional charges at any point during the contract I wouldn't worry about.

It's always useful to have a spare SIM 'just in case'.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Assuming it doesn't incur additional charges at any point during the contract I wouldn't worry about.

It's always useful to have a spare SIM 'just in case'.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"could I not just cancel the sim within 14 days but keep the internet?" No, they are linked. Question has been asked before, search the board.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

roy247
Superstar

How much are you paying for the sim, if it's the £25 ultimate volt sim then you can just call O2 and reduce it to another one.

Anything else I would just call O2 and ask, they seem more flexible.

Its only 10 Pounds for the Sim I just wondered if perhaps I had misunderstood.
It seemed odd that it was cheaper with the SIM than without, but it appears this is normal.

Thank you for your reply.

Hi Leemelina,

I don't know what the minimum cost O2 sim that would still include the volt benefits would be, your best option would be to give O2 a call,  they were pretty good at reducing my Ultimate Volt price.

Are you also getting Disney+ as part of the Volt benefits, that would be something to consider.