cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and Broadband issue

mumblesh
On our wavelength

Ok There has been issues with the TV and some pixelation. Nothing new here as it comes and goes. But what's been weird is that the pixelation has coincided with some networking issues.

Long story short, when my router cuts out, which it has been doing with some alarming frequency of late, I also get major pixelation for several minutes on my TV. Now either that's an odd coincidence or something is awry. Usually this is noticeable in the evening.

Now I'm coming here regarding the TV because I want to know if there is any issue in my area with others, nothing seems to be according to the status page. I think I can state here that I'm in the  Luton area.

I find it strange if the two things are connected, but it genuinely seems so. Also, I might add I have already tried to fix the broadband issue via a phone call (done the reset etc), but it has been cutting out a lot for several minutes a time during several evenings, interrupting my stream viewing. What is odd is when my TV alerts me that its lost it's wired connection via a pop up message, my router starts blinking and suddenly the Tivo image goes nuts and I have simultaneous full screen pixelation.

So to summarise, the TV pixelation is a reoccurring issue, I've been getting this every now and then, small patches of pixelation popping up once in a while on terrestrial channels. The fact the net conks out with regularity is a different thing and a bit odd, it's never been this bad before, but to see the pixelation go crazy as it does is even odder.

Any help is appreciated. I'll be honest, I'm thinking of sacking my TV anyways, but I am starting with TV as I have tried broadband and want to know if the connection between the two things mean anything.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

mumblesh
On our wavelength

😩😩😩

drop out after drop outdrop out after drop out

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mumblesh

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue.

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mumblesh
On our wavelength

And still more drop outs, 

b62a2f9e95cc2c572b15121cee5ca111a8b0fa85-28-12-2022.png

mumblesh
On our wavelength

I get home, sit down to watch the TV and... Oh look. What a surprise. 

IMG_20221228_193629_(1080_x_631_pixel).jpg

mumblesh
On our wavelength

Thanks for ruining my evening!

b62a2f9e95cc2c572b15121cee5ca111a8b0fa85-28-12-2022 (1).png