cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 box coaxial cable requirement

elangont
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I received an offer today from a VM customer representative to upgrade me to Gigabit internet with a Virgin TV 360 box at a tempting price.

I decided to take up the offer and was reassured that a coaxial cable wasn't required for live television.

As I don't have a VM faceplate in the room where the television is, I was told that a wifi/wired connection from my router would be sufficient.

I've looked over old threads in this forum saying a coaxial cable is required. I even called customer services again for further reassurance and they repeated that coaxial IS NOT required.

Please could anyone finally settle the matter before I decide to continue with the ugprade or cancel it.

Thanks, Elango

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

All Virgin boxes apart from the new stream box require 2 connection's, a coax connection for live TV and a internet connection either by ethernet cable or wifi for everything else.

A manned installation will provide you with a coax connection where you want the 360.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

All Virgin boxes apart from the new stream box require 2 connection's, a coax connection for live TV and a internet connection either by ethernet cable or wifi for everything else.

A manned installation will provide you with a coax connection where you want the 360.

elangont
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

I repeatedly asked both representatives this small detail yet was constantly reassured the opposite was true.

It's so frustrating.

Hi

The question is, do they work for Virgin or an agency just to sell a product that they don't have much knowledge of and are also on a commission.

elangont
On our wavelength

I suspect it's just as you say they were on a commission therefore incentivised to repeat inaccurate information.

It's just an annoying inconvenience.

Thanks again for the clarification