cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Sky - Poor picture quality

Kevz65
On our wavelength

Just had my TV360 activated. I have the max it bundle and sky sports HD and Sky Cinema HD package. The quality on sky cinema looks very poor. Any ideas on what to do? Picture resolution is set to Auto. 

sky sports isn’t great either. Both compared to my sky q box which I still have…

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kevz65, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the quality of the service 😞
I've had a look and I can see that there is an area affecting the service, which is an SNR issue.
The estimated repair time and date for this is the 30th November at around 3pm.

SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the TV and broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system).

The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs