cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote won’t pair to 360 mini

Elliotwallett
Tuning in

Hi, I’ve recently had my 360 remote unpair to my 360 mini box and I am unable to pair it back up. I’ve changed batteries, reset to controller, changed my standby mode,  reset the box (using the TV GO app remote).  Yet my remote still won’t pair to the box. Hope someone has some advice, thank you 😊 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

okay, so after holding the power button on the 360 box for 10 seconds and then the sync on the remote (TV & 0) it finally worked. 

thanks for your help 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Elliotwallett 

Turn off the main 360 box and try and pair the remote for the mini again.

How did you factory reset the remote?

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote

Sometimes the  remote appears to have stopped working but wiggling it a few times normally works.

There are two ways to pair the remote again.

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Also, if you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power then press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Did you try a factory reset of the 360 mini?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, thanks for your support. 

unfortunately still no luck, I’ve left the box and remote for nearly a week now and came back to it with no results. 

I reset the remote with TV and rewind buttons , as well as the 360 box by going to the settings (however I was given only one option of reset) 

also in the audio visual settings doesn’t offer me an option to connect the remote to the TV 

when re syncing the remote, by pressing TV and 0 , the standby button flashes white for a minute then flashes red to symbolise an unsuccessful connection. 

I’ve attached a Dropbox link with photos and video as reference to what I’m talking about. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2o9k0epi4b1nfld/AAAKeet2vWhVAs-Z8-MsOg4ka?dl=0

hope you can help

Elliot 

okay, so after holding the power button on the 360 box for 10 seconds and then the sync on the remote (TV & 0) it finally worked. 

thanks for your help 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Elliotwallett 

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm your remote is now working correctly.

It might take you a little while to get used to the 360, but it soon becomes second nature.

There are some helpful tips on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Any problems or questions though just create a new thread and we'll do our best to help.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali