cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin TV 360 Box - Sound Issues

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Hi, my sound is suddenly all over the place. 
Normally watch everything recorded and almost every program needs a different volume settings by quite a bit. 
Never used to be like this and I haven’t changed any of my equipment,TV etc. 

Any advice?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RS6avant, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having issues with your sound. 

In order to help further, we will need to run a few checks with you. I have taken a look at our systems and the box itself is looking good. All power and signal levels are optimal and there is no issue with the input levels either. 

Can you check the HDMI cable to ensure this is plugged in at both ends securely?

Please also try a different HDMI port on the TV if possible.

Have you got the set top box connected to an Audio system like an amplifier or sound bar? If so please disconnect this and connect the HDMI cable directly between the set top box and the TV. Has this made any difference?

Finally, if possible try a different HDMI cable. 

Pop back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

Thank you for your reply. 

I checked everything and unplugged and re plugged HDMI leads etc and the sound issues seem to be sorted. 

Thanks again. 

Randy11
Joining in

@RS6avant wrote:

Hi, my sound is suddenly all over the place. 
Normally watch everything recorded and almost every program needs a different volume settings by quite a bit. 
Never used to be like this and I haven’t changed any of my equipment,TV etc. 

Any advice?   Subarunet Login

TIA

Also try rebooting the 360. Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Follow content. You could also set that option to Always Convert or Disabled and see if that improves the sound. If that fails try a factory reset.