cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box instructions

Garsa
Tuning in

Did anyone receive any instructions with their new 360 box? All I have is a booklet called "Virgin TV 360 Grab the remote and get going" which gives gives basic instructions on the remote.

One of these instructions is to 'press the home button and head for Help'. There is no help

77 REPLIES 77

wbaboy
On our wavelength

Also, I'd part watched a recorded programme and when i returned to it the following day, it didnt remember where I'd got to. ie didnt offer the option to resume.

There appear to be some pretty basic things missing, unless ive missed something?

I've had a message to resume play, but only when I use voice control to "stop play". Not if I pause or return. 

BossHogg
On our wavelength

I connected my 360 box this morning. After setting it up (no instructions on packaging) as text message said it should. After set-up my tv gave a message saying the input resolution was incompatible. Ray Virgin support after two hours they could not resolve it. They said they would send an engineer, but not till over a week away. this is where the problem starts. The now can reactive my old box properly. 

They have now agreed to send an engineer tomorrow. Let’s wait and see. 

amsquared
On our wavelength

Saving searches

Had the box for a week and it seems to be missing the ability to set up and save a search to record any future programmes matching the search term.  On Tivo I could search for anything eg a specific person or band or history item and it would then record any future programmes that matched that search string. Can't see how to do this on the new box. Anybody know if I can do this?

Thanks

I've not been able to find this either. Maybe another for the "to do" list? 

Hi all, anybody found a way to turn off PIN input (so annoying:)) I know you used to be able to do it on V6 in Parental Controls. Just can't see it there now...

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sumospim wrote:

Hi all, anybody found a way to turn off PIN input (so annoying:)) I know you used to be able to do it on V6 in Parental Controls. Just can't see it there now...

should be there unless your're on the previous version and hasn't updated yet the latest version is 4.26

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks, I think I missed the watershed recordings PIN, which I think is what I was looking for?

pjw49
On our wavelength

Tried to record a program series with voice control saying “Record Gardeners World”, displayed messages saying it was doing it but when I checked it had set the program from the current channel on not Gardeners World. 
Also want to record a radio program but can’t see how you achieve this. 
The old controller had an info button which could be useful, can you get the same info in some way on the new one?

You would have thought that introducing a completely different control system a comprehensive manual would have been high on the list of priorities 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The button with the 3 dots give info, not sure if it's possible to set up a series link using voice, but I would doubt it 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks