cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage

rez2
Tuning in

Anyone having iMessage issues. iMessage not working and unable to activate has been 3 days now.

I have tried everthing - reset network setting - erase all data and setting - turn of iMessage and FaceTime, reboot and turn back on. 

Can anyone help

32 REPLIES 32

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rez2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your I message and facetime have stopped working, you can get help with this and any other apple related issue here.

Regards

Paul.

Have this from about 1pm today, phone come up with a message saying iMessage disconnected from phone number, now just have wizzy wheel and awaiting activation, spoken to Apple support who say no issue there check with provider.

Jon888
Tuning in

I’m having exactly the same problem. Apple tell me it’s a problem with the sms and told me to contact virgin. I’ve also wiped phone and rebooted without any changes. Total pain. Any advice welcome 

Starting to feel hopeless now. I have spoke to both Virgin and Apple. Both blame the other, Virgin saying it Apple’s server, Apple saying it’s Virgin SMS not reaching Apple’s servers. No one can own the situation and problem and start resolving this problem which is clearly occurring to many people. 

I have tried a 3 sim in my iPhone 12 Pro and iMessage mysteriously activates within 10 second. 

I have tired everything, and annoyingly I have rebooted, wiped all my setting and data. 

Last I spoke to Virgin, was this morning. I have been advised, they are aware of the issue and working with Apple to fix it. I was told I’ll be called back with a update and still waiting for this so called promised call.  

Hopefully things improved and fix ASAP 

we are on the same path, I too have done these things... at least they are on it.

may the force be with us!

TaranGladwell
On our wavelength

Im having this issue too. Not good virgin. Apple got me to send a test text to 48369 and this was unable to send. Definitely a issue at virgins end. Whats going on?! 

+1 from me, though I have bigger issues with "You have dialled an incorrect number".

Karl72
On our wavelength

Same here! 2 iphones now just saying Activation unsuccessful??? Spoke with Apple said all good their end ring Virgin,which i have and got told Virgin have raised a ticket to Apple saying its them???

Also tried the international text with Apple came back undelivered so points to Virgin🙄 

One sims a brand new Ooomph with new bundle and the other has just stopped working with imessage.

Round and Round......

+1 and round.  Good luck!