cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not working+

mikefraser
Up to speed

Since Virgin Mobile switched to o2, our signal has deteriorated significantly, so WiFi callling is now needed. My phone is a Motorola Edge G20 lite, which has WiFi calling enabled, and that function works on the Three Sim (its dual sim). WiFi calling is not however showing up on the Virgin Sim. I spoke to one of your agents a couple of days ago, who confirmed it had not been enabled at your end, and said he had now set it up, but it still doesn't work. I've tried all the usaul things (restarted the router, powered the phone off completely for 10 minutes in case the update needed to be forced through, and so on, to no avail). It looks as though it has, for whatever reason, not been provisioned, as looking at the phone settings they are completely different for the Three sim compared to the Virgin one. Any ideas?

34 REPLIES 34

Thanks for the reply. 

Does this happen on every Wi-Fi source you connect to or does this limit it just to Virgin Media? 

Have you tried this out of the local area?

It does appear that this is an issue with the Motorola as it is working in a different handset. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

It's on every wifi source (tried a different one just this morning). Clearly this is an issue with the set up for Virgin Mobile on this handset, as a Three sim enables wifi calling on it. I give up!!!

As the sim is working in another phone, this would rule out it being a sim issue. I understand that other sims work in the handset and this is likely to be an issue with the handset. Can you post on the Motorola page here so that they can see if there is an issue with there phones connecting to the Virgin Network? - Chris. 

I've raised this with Motorola support, as suggested. They are aware of issues with wifi calling with three mobile virtual network operators, Tesco, GiffGaff and, surprise surprise, Virgin Mobile. That explains why the Three sim works in the phone, because they don't impose a firmware restriction, whereas you do. Given the impending full transfer to O2, I'm assuming the situation is not going to change! The only saving grace in all of this is that I've now found one place, and one place only, in the house where I can get some sort of a signal from O2. Not impressed! Just to add, the reason your sim works in another handset is that the handset concerned is a Samsung which appears on your (outdated) list of compatible handsets. 

Thanks for the update mikefraser in regards to the issues and the information offered by Motorola, this will be under investigation and being looked into by the relevant team to resolve as quickly as possible.

Rob